Today, apart from including my daily April poem for NaPoWriMo, I also link to Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge on the subject of Happy.
But first Challenge 7: “Write out a list of all of your different layers of identity. … Now divide all of those things into lists of what makes you feel powerful and what makes you feel vulnerable. Now write a poem in which one of the identities from the first list contends or talks with an identity from the second list.”
Hm… getting mighty personal now, I see. Are you sure these are not for Google Analytics? 😀 On the other hand, it might save us the cost of the psychoanalyst.
But alright, what am I?
- Slovenian in Italy
- Ljubljana native
- Capalbiese (i.e. inhabitant of Capalbio)
- dog walker
- bestia wrangler
- lover not a fighter
- writer of shopping lists in three languages
- amateur photographer
- would-be writer who would be a writer if she wrote
- reluctant poet
- film lover
- e-reader (Meaning that I read stuff online instead of books. Books are waiting for the internet to die.)
- “the most expensive translator in Slovenia” (comes from lazy – if I work, I charge)
- “the best editor in Slovenia” (these two from Maja L., thanks)
- door collector
- swimmer & skier
- bulldog (Taurus + dog in Chinese)
The second part of the challenge I refuse to do. I hate this sort of divisions, powerful vs. vulnerable. We are all both of these on a hourly basis. Besides, who has ever seen a vulnerable bulldog.
- contrarian (I almost forgot).
I can poem about it though.
The vulnerable won’t help
Victims need not blame
swimmers cannot ski
the blind refuse to talk
the living are dead yet.
Happy are those who choose it
the strong are waiting to break
multitudes suck you in
the vulnerable won’t help.
And now 20 yesterday’s happy-making images from Lake Burano and our beach in southern Maremma in Tuscany for Cee because this is what I like to see and be most of all – happy.